The Sakowitz single room occupancy (SRO) development is located in the Greater Fifth Ward/Denver Harbor area on a street named after one of Houston’s most influential early families.
When New Hope Housing opened Sakowitz in 2010, it was the first LEED certified ‘green’ affordable multi-family housing in Texas. It is Platinum designated, the highest level. The property features extensive outdoor space.
Sakowitz was designed by distinguished Texas architect Val Glitsch, FAIA, LEED AP.
• 166 fully furnished efficiency apartments
• Close proximity to retail and restaurants
• Convenient to downtown and METRO bus lines 26 and 80
• Immaculately maintained and managed community
• Free utilities and cable TV access
• Refrigerator and microwave
• Private tiled bath
• Reception area with 24/7 front desk staffing
• Courtyard with fountain; two covered patios
• Gazebo and horseshoe pit
• Outdoor cooking area
• Community kitchen available 24/7
• Business center
• TV lounge, living/dining rooms and library
• Support services, including on-site case manager
• Movie nights and other community activities
• Coin-operated washer/dryer facilities
• Property management office
• Public telephone available 24/7